Hey there blog world! I speak on behalf of everyone here at FTS by saying THANK YOU to the bloggers out there that nominated us for The Liebster Award! The Liebster Award is an award that is passed from blogger to blogger as a recognition of quality work. FTS was first nominated by Branden from Flixploitation. And in the time it took me to put together this post, we were nominated again by Ally and the Movies at Random Film Buff! I’d love to participate in answering both of their questions that go along with the award. You see to accept the award, there are rules that need to be followed. Check out the rules and how we answered the questions.
The Rules are as follows:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions the person who has given the award has set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you are giving the award to.
4. Choose 11 people and send them a link to your post.
5. Go to their page and tell them.
6. NO TAG BACKS
Because we have more than one contributor on the site, I asked Nick and Jess to participate in this post as well. We all have listed 11 Facts about ourselves and come up with 11 question at the end. In this post, we answered the 11 questions given to us by Branden from Flixploitation. In order to make it fun, we put together a little guessing game of sorts for our readers. After each question we have photos displaying all three of our answers. You can guess who said it, Me, Jess, or Nick, and then find out the answer by mousing over the photo to reveal the author! I will also answer Ally and the Movies at Random Film Buff questions at the end of the post. (Sorry in advance for the length) Enjoy!!
11 Things About Us:
- I get caught off guard when people ask whether I prefer to be called Jess or Jessica. Call me whatever you want!
- My 3 siblings are all obsessed with movies too.
- I’ve never seen The Godfather or any Star Wars movies.
- I have been dating fellow FTS contributor Rob for over 2 years.
- I wrote my senior thesis in college on movie blogging.
- I’m really interested in the casting process. I wish we had more insight into auditions and how it’s all decided.
- Through my on campus job planning events in college I met Snoop Dogg & Donald Glover.
- I’ve probably eaten some sort of pasta almost every week of my eating-solid-foods life.
- My mixed drink of choice is a red headed slut (Lindsay & I basically only drink these).
- Although they come on at different times throughout the year so it’s not all at once, I currently am invested in watching 14 TV shows on a week to week basis. I could be forgetting some.
- My pediatrician thought I might be a midget when I was really young because I wasn’t growing properly. I’m 5’1 now.
- I play the drums.
- I’m a very big fan of Cherry Coke Zero
- I share the same birthday as Will Smith (ugh)
- Favorite food: Pizza
- I lived in New Orleans for about two years rebuilding homes for Katrina Victims.
- I live on the water and spend time fishing, boating, and jet-skiing.
- I saw the Dark Knight 7 times in theaters (3 in IMAX, 1 at a Drive-In)
- Every year I volunteer with Hugh O’Brien Youth Leadership and it’s been one of the greatest experiences of my life.
- I’ve been performing Stand-Up comedy for over a year. I started in New Orleans and the best show I’ve had was in front of nearly 250 people at Maison on Frenchmen St.
- I own a framed photo of Phil Collins giving the middle finger and at the bottom it reads “Sussudio you too!!”
- And most importantly, I own a solid amount of DVDs and over 160 Blu Rays (and yes I alphabetize my Blu-Rays)
- I love horror movies. I will watch anything and everything including all those weird, twisted and depraved films that are talked about on message boards. I’m fairly certain I was on some sort of watch list because of my DVD rental activity from Hollywood Video.
- I’ve been with my boyfriend for over 5 years. He’s my best friend, favorite person in the world and hands down the most intelligent person I know.
- Besides getting paid to run a film site, I think the two coolest jobs in the world would be a special FX artist or food critic. Tom Savini and Anthony Bourdain are living better lives than everyone on the planet right now.
- Halloween is my favorite holiday. Last year I was Penelope from The Brothers Bloom.
- I’ve been hosting Scavenger Hunts since the 8th grade.
- When I was younger, I used to pretend to be Harriet The Spy. I had a yellow rain coat, marble notebook and opera glasses. I was caught/yelled at for looking through my neighbors window.
- I didn’t learn to ride a bike until I was in 6th Grade.
- My hair has been every color, cut, and style you could imagine. I also went through a brief stint where I wore wigs.
- I listen to a lot of rap music.
- For my 12th birthday, my dad turned my entire house into a real life Clue board game including a spaces and a giant dice. We also used to have a summer ‘Food Fight’ party every year. Obvious Side Note: My parents are awesome.
- I live in Baltimore, MD. but I was born in California.
Ally and the Movies at Random Film Buff‘s Questions
1) What made you want to start your blog?
I just really love talking about film and sharing my experiences. After podcasting, blogging seemed like the next step.
2) Is there anything else you love to do besides devour films?
The usual: friends, food and adventure.
3) Choose out of the two: Magnolia vs. Memento, Forrest Gump vs. Catch Me If You Can, The Jerk vs. Blazing Saddles.
Magnolia, Forrest Gump & Blazing Saddles
4) If you had to choose one movie to watch for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Only one? Maybe Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, because I’ve seen it a million times and I still love it. Or Mulholland Drive for completely opposite reasons.
5) Is there truly a difference between a movie and a film?
No those words are synonyms.
6) What’s your favorite quote about life?
“Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”
7) Explain the name of your blog.
Wow, OK I’ll quote something I recently said in an interview with the Lamb:
“I always feel bad telling this story because it’s really silly. So some people that frequent the site might already be familiar with my boyfriend Jason. He helps with behind the scenes stuff and sometimes drops in on the podcast. Well when we were trying to think of a name for the site, Jason suggested we make it something abstract like “French Toast Sunday.” That was the first idea anyone suggested. The group tends to encourage his ridiculous ideas so of course everyone just started championing the name. When I asked him “how did you come up with that?” he responded that it’s “just like Rotten Tomatoes, it doesn’t make any sense.” I proceeded to explain what Rotten Tomatoes referred to and he proceeded to feel like a goof. But when all was said and done we just kept calling the concept of the site and podcast ‘French Toast Sunday.’ So much so that it just stuck. Everyone we polled really liked it for whatever reason so we just owned it. I wish it was cooler story.”
8) Has Denzel Washington had his “movie” yet? Tom Hanks had Saving Private Ryan/Cast Away/Forrest Gump, Tim Robbins had Shawshank Redemption, Clint Eastwood had Dirty Harry, and Robert De Niro had Taxi Driver. What’s Denzel’s?
Um, Training Day.
9) Who’s the most important in the filmmaking process: the director, screenwriter, or main actor?
In my opinion, each one equally affects the film.
10) Do you have a Netflix account? If so, how many movies are in your queue?
Yep, 84 in my DVD, 89 in my Instant Watch.
11) What’s Hitchhock’s best film and explain why.
I’m really the wrong person for this one. I think Vertigo/Psycho are my personal favs but I haven’t seen enough of his filmography to make the call about his best.
Create 11 Questions
- What movie character would you want to date?
- Is there a movie that truly scares you?
- What movies have you seen in theaters more than once?
- Describe your best movie theater experience.
- What movie quote do you use in real life?
- What was you favorite movie in high school?
- What is your favorite movie to come out the year you were born?
- Have you ever met any celebrities in real life?
- What’s a movie you’re embarrassed to admit you haven’t seen?
- Is there anything film related you totally geek out about?
- What’s your favorite film to come out so far this year?
11 Bloggers that deserve this award