5. The Cast. The film is a goldmine filled with the biggest names in indie and alternative comedy (nearly the entire cast of The State) as well as a beginning for big name actors/actresses like Paul Rudd, Elizabeth Banks, and Bradley Cooper. The cast even includes a young A.D. Miles who is now head writer on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon.
4. Christopher Meloni. His role as Gene the shell-shocked veteran from Vietnam is one of the greatest comedy roles ever; dick cream and sweater fondling included. The rousing speech he gives at the end of the film cements that genius.
3. It’s a parody: The film is non-stop parody. It tackles everything from talent shows to summer camps to montages to meteors? The films quirky twists take on a wide range of genres and topics without losing it’s purpose, pace, or humor. It’s a shame people are only beginning to appreciate it now.
2. The Can of Vegetables. Voiced by H. Jon Benjamin. Enough said.
1. The sex: The Wet Hot American Sex scene between Bradley Cooper and Michael Ian Black.
What are some of your favorite things about Wet Hot American Summer?